Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Comfort food!! If you are a lover of oatmeal, try this wonderful dish! A good breakfast item and very satisfying. An easy fix-ahead dish with leftovers warmed in the microwave.
Top Review by CRYSTALINA Haldeman
Loved it! Very easy recipe, easy to follow. I did soak the raisins and use regular oatmeal and I used chunky applesauce, the bits of apples added a nice touch. The instructions did not say to bake covered or not. So I baked covered for the first 20 minutes, then removed cover and stired. Came out beautiful and the smell was awsome! I really recommen this recipe for people who do not like mushy, gloppy oatmeal. This recipe rocks and will be a favorite in our household. I will add chopped nuts next time just because we like nuts. Thank you for sharing!
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or regular)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all wet ingredients and combine with dry ingredients. If raisins are use, plump by letting raisins sit in warm water for 10 minutes. May add more cinnamon to taste.
- Pour into greased 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Place in refrigerator overnight for oatmeal to dissolve into liquid.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Top with brown sugar and milk when served.