Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A easy recipe to make for your company and the best part it is only 2 WW points.
- 6 cooking apples (Jonathan, Rome, Granny Smith)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Core apples, but do not peel.
- Cut apples in half, width-wise.
- Place in a microwave-safe container with a lid.
- Add about 1/2 C water.
- Cover and microwave on high power until done (about 6 minutes depending upon the size of the apples).
- While apples are cooking, make sauce.
- Place sugar, cornstarch and salt in the bottom of a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Mix well.
- Add milk and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring with a wire whisk the entire time.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- To serve, place 2 apple halves in a dessert dish and cover with 1/4 cup of sauce.
Apples were not very good microwaved. Stovetop would probably be better. I ended up throwing the apples away and using the sauce on strawberries and bananas. It was good that way. :)