Recipe by JennMI
A wonderful side dish to any pork dish. I serve it instead of applesauce. I never have leftovers with this one.
Top Review by Chef Penny #2
Great..went wonderfully with a stuffed / rolled pork roast tho made some changes and it was still delicious. Since I read the recipe 1 hour before eating, I "plumped " the raisins in the microwave with the rum. Halved the recipe using 3 1/2 cortlands, which I did not peel and a splash of maple syrup instead of sugar. Used 1/2 remainder of ingredients ...a great accompaniment! Thanks JennMI!
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, soaked overnight in rum in capped jar
- 8 cooking apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced apples and raisins in a greased casserole dish.
- Mix all dry ingredients, sprinkle over apples & raisins.
- Mix lightly to cover apples with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- DO NOT over bake, as apples will be mushy.