Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Scoop, crunch. Scoop, crunch. I want to recommend...no highly recommend...that you make baked apples at some point during this fall. Apple prices are as low as they get...there are so many different varieties available in stores. These baked apples do best when made with a sweeter variety like Gala or Golden Delicious. They take minutes to get into the oven...just get them in at the start of you dinner prep, or the start of your meal (if you're leisurely around the dinner table). Scoop, crunch. Scoop, crunch.
- 6 -8 apples, cored and stem removed
- 6 -8 drops lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter for each apple
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple syrup for each apple
- cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, sprinkled into each apple
- 1⁄2 cup homemade granola cereal
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the apples in a small baking dish with 1/8 inch water.
- Add drop of lemon juice, butter and maple syrup into each apple. Sprinkle the spices into each apple.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Sprinkle granola over each apple and serve.