- 4 medium cooking apples
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Core apples, being careful not to cut through bottom. Pare 1/2 inch at the stem end.
- Combine raisins and walnuts, if used, and 1 tsp honey with the ground cinnamon and ground cloves. Fill the center of the apples with this mixture.
- Place the apples in a 8" by 8" baking pan.
- In a small saucepan combine water, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and pour syrup over apples.
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven until tender, about 45 minutes, basting occasionally with syrup from the pan.
- Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream if desired.