1/2 Photos of Baked Apples With Honey Cream Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
Elly in Canada's Note:
Now that fall is here what better time to get fresh apples and try this! Found this recipe in a newspaper listing the source as: Piano, Piano, Piano by Susan McKenna Grant
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 egg yolks
- 29.58 ml honey
- 118.29 ml sweet wine, such as marsala (I use Icewine)
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
For baked apples
- 1For sauce:.
- 2Beat egg yolks and honey until light and frothy, about 10 minutes.
- 3Reduce speed; mix in wine.
- 4Transfer mixture to double boiler and stir constantly over moderate heat until custard thickens and feels heavy. It should coat the back of a spoon thickly.
- 5BE CAREFUL NOT TO LET THE MIXTURE BOIL!
- 6Remove from heat, cool to room temperature; chill to cool completely.
- 7Whip cream until it reaches soft peaks, then fold into cold sauce. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- 8To bake apples: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Slice top third off each apple, leaving stems intact; remove cores.
- 10Push butter into core cavities and rub some onto skins. Place apples in baking dish; sprinkle with sugar, pushing some sugar into cavity of each. Replace tops; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 11Bake 35-40 minutes until apples are tender. Cool to room temperature; serve with dollop of sauce between apples and tops.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apples With Honey Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.3
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 246.0 mg
- Sodium 99.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g