Baked Apples With Cheese Topping (Neufchatel)
- Place apples in a microvave safe dish if cooking in the microwave or in an oven safe pie plate, 9 inches, if baking in the oven.
- Cut off stip of peel at top of each apple and fill them with raisins.
- Add water to the pie plate or dish.
- For oven baking, place in 350 degree F. oven for 40 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- For microwave baking, cover plate with vented clear plastic wrap and cook on full power for 3-7 minutes or until tender; rearranging once.
- Meanwhile, for topping, stir together cheese and vanilla and stir in enough milk to make a desired consistency.
- To serve, add a dollop to each apple and sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.