Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
taken from http://www.macheesmo.com/2009/10/baked-breakfast-apples/#more-8629 i'm sure you could find some way to do them on the grill.
- 2 baking apples
- 1⁄3 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- nutmeg, allspice, etc
- Before you get started, preheat that oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a good sized whole in the stem side of the apple and then use a spoon to scrape out the bottom and edges until there are no seeds left in the apple.
- Mix up all your filling in a large bowl (every ingredient expect the butter and apples).
- Stuff all the filling into the apples; they can hold a surprising amount of stuffing.
- Set the stuffed apples in a baking dish with about a cup of water. Also add a teaspoon (about) of butter on top of each apple. DO NOT OMIT THE BUTTER.
- Then bake them for 30 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them. After five minutes, you can slice into them. The butter will be melted in with the granola and brown sugar and the apple will be tender, but not mush. It’s really good stuff.