1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A dollop of whipping cream makes for a nice finishing touch. These have a nice crunchy filling - they are wonderful! Bon Appetit Magazine, October 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/3 cup golden sultana raisins
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 fuji apples (8- to 9-ounces)
- 1/4 cup apple juice (preferably unfiltered fresh)
- whipped cream or Greek yogurt
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients in small bowl.
- 2Mix in cream.
- 3Let stand until sugar dissolves and filling thickens, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F
- 5Using small sharp knife and starting at side of apple at center point, cut around each apple to make slit in skin to prevent bursting.
- 6Using small end of melon baller, scoop out core and all seeds to within 1/2 inch of bottom.
- 7Place apples upright in 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- 8Spoon filling into hollow of each apple.
- 9Mound remaining filling on top of each apple (some may slide down sides).
- 10Pour juice around apples.
- 11Butter large sheet of foil.
- 12Loosely tent dish with foil, buttered side down.
- 13Bake apples until barely tender, about 1 hour.
- 14Uncover and bake until apples are very tender and sauce is bubbling thickly, about 20 minutes longer.
- 15Transfer apples and sauce to bowls.
- 16Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or yogurt.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apples Stuffed With Honey, Almonds & Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (1151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g