Baked Apples Stuffed With Figs and Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°; lightly butter a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Core apples; using a vegetable peeler, remove a 1-inch wide strip around the top of each apple; place the apples in the prepared baking dish.
- Lightly brush a food processor bowl and blade with the vegetable oil and finely chop the figs and walnuts.
- Add in the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon; process until blended; transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- Stuff the cored apples tightly with the fig mixture, mounding any extra on top of the apples.
- Bake the apples, basting them occasionally, with any juices that form, until tender when pierced with a metal or wooden skewer, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve warm, either plain or with heavy cream.