1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large baking apples (Rome Beauties, Pippins, or Golden Delicious)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cut up dried calimyrna figs or 1/2 cup black mission fig
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; lightly butter a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- 2Core apples; using a vegetable peeler, remove a 1-inch wide strip around the top of each apple; place the apples in the prepared baking dish.
- 3Lightly brush a food processor bowl and blade with the vegetable oil and finely chop the figs and walnuts.
- 4Add in the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon; process until blended; transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- 5Stuff the cored apples tightly with the fig mixture, mounding any extra on top of the apples.
- 6Bake the apples, basting them occasionally, with any juices that form, until tender when pierced with a metal or wooden skewer, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 7Serve warm, either plain or with heavy cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apples Stuffed With Figs and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 6.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: