Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is fun to make and the kids love to help fill the apples. From Quick Cooking.
- 4 medium tart apples, cored
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place each apple on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12" square).
- Combine the remaining ingredients and spoon into the center of the apples.
- Fold the foil over the apples and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender.
- This could be baked in the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Delicious apples Sharon. Perfect ratio of ingredients. Made them in the oven because it is still winter here and served them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I'll definitely make them in the summer on the barbecue too.