Recipe by Sharon123
This is fun to make and the kids love to help fill the apples. From Quick Cooking.
Top Review by foodtvfan
Delicious apples Sharon. Perfect ratio of ingredients. Made them in the oven because it is still winter here and served them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I'll definitely make them in the summer on the barbecue too.
- 4 medium tart apples, cored
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each apple on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12" square).
- Combine the remaining ingredients and spoon into the center of the apples.
- Fold the foil over the apples and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender.
- This could be baked in the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.