Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A great dessert for every day.
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sultana raisin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Red Delicious apples
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a saucepan, combine well the wine, juice, sugar, raisins, butter and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Arrange the apples, cored and top third peeled away, in a small baking dish, pour the warm wine mixture over them, filling the cavities of the apples with the raisins, and bake in the middle of the oven, basting with wine mixture, occasionally, for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish and spoon wine over.
These were very good. I used Braeburn apples and added 2 TBS of minced pecans with the raisins. Very easy and refreshing dessert. I will make these again. Thanks Evelyn!!
Yummy, baked apples. The wine and apple juice really gave them an extra good flavor. DH loves baked apples, he said these are special. Thank you, Evelyn for sharing this recipe.
Great dessert! I skipped the raisins since my mother hates them and added some pecans. I only baked mine for about 1 hour since I started them in the mircowave to speed the process up a bit. Made for ZWT 3!