From Tempting Desserts, this looks really simple and good.
Make and share this Baked Apples in Microwave recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and core apples.
- Make a shallow cut in the skin completely around each apple, one-inch from the bottom.
- This keeps skin from shrinking during cooking.
- Place apples in a glass baking dish or in individual custard cups.
- Place 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/2 tablespoon butter into the core of each apple.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover apples with wax paper.
- Microwave on High for 10 to 14 minutes, or until tender.
- Let stand, covered, 3 minutes before serving.
- For one apple, use an individual custard cup or bowl and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes on High, for two apples, microwave 3 to 4 minutes on High.
I did this as 2 serves for the DM and DS and 3 1/2 minutes in a 900W microwave and they were cook to perfection, I only used half the amount of brown sugar and butter per apple though for dietary reasons and all panned out well with blood sugar level counts. Thank you lazyme, made for I Recommend and recommended by HokiesLady.
LM - this is a fabulous little dessert (or in my case afternoon treat!). I made one individual apple in a little custard cup and it was nicely cooked at 3 minutes in my microwave. I used a granny smith apple (I like them tart!) and followed the instructions exactly. Just simple and downright good! I'll be doing this more and more now that we are getting into apple picking season! Thanks for sharing this in Potluck Tag.