- 6 medium baking apples
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and core apples.
- Make a shallow cut in the skin completely around each apple, one-inch from the bottom.
- This keeps skin from shrinking during cooking.
- Place apples in a glass baking dish or in individual custard cups.
- Place 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/2 tablespoon butter into the core of each apple.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover apples with wax paper.
- Microwave on High for 10 to 14 minutes, or until tender.
- Let stand, covered, 3 minutes before serving.
- For one apple, use an individual custard cup or bowl and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes on High, for two apples, microwave 3 to 4 minutes on High.