Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 large baking apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup apple juice (about)
- 1⁄3 cup dried currant
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Core apples, remove seeds, peel away a bit of skin, and stuff with currants.
- Set in oven-proof baking dish.
- Combine lemon and apple juice with spices and maple syrup and pour over apples.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, basting often.
- Serve warm.
it can be made in 15 min., and i bake mine in 25 min.
This made a wonderful dessert served with vanilla ice cream. I had guests for dinner and popped these in when I took out my main course - by the time they were ready, everyone's mouth was watering!
A simple and refreshing dessert. I used gala apples, my favorites, and enjoyed the light maple flavor they took on in the baking. As a variation I used a combination of golden raisins and cranberries in lieu of currants. The cranberries worked particularly well. Forgot to pare back a bit of the skin a mistake. We really enjoyed these. Thanks Dancer!