Recipe by Lisa Lou Who
Found this recipe among my handwritten pages. I am trying to go through them all and get them posted. I haven't tried this yet but it sure sounds YUMMY!!
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 4 large apples, Rome Beauty, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 caramels
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar and water in an 8" square baking pan.
- Peel the top half of each apple and brush with lemon juice.
- Place apples in the baking pan and fill each with 3 caramels.
- Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or until apples are tender, basting every 20 minutes.
- Carefully lifet apples allowing any caramel in centers to drip into pan.
- Place apples in individual dishes,.
- Pour sauce from baking pan into a small saucepan and add cream.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is smooth and thick.
- Spoon sauce over apples and serve immediately.