Top Review by Chef Schellies
I recommend everyone try these. These were perfect. The lemon really makes these special. I used Fuji apples and topped them with a little whipped cream. They were easy to make and turned out beautiful and tasty. I will be making these again and again. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 4 medium rome apples or 4 medium granny smith apples, cored to within a 1/2 inch of base
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup broken walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel about 1/2 inch of skin from tops of apples with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut a sliver off of the bottom of each apple so they will stand.
- Brush the peeled part and the interior of each apple with lemon juice.
- Cut 1 Tbsp of butter into 4 pieces and place a piece of it in each apple.
- In a bowl, combine the lemon zest, remaining butter, brown sugar, raisins, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Stuff apples with mixture and place them in a small baking dish.
- Add cider and bake for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.