Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Ossg Recipe.
- 2 tart apples, quartered
- 1 large unpeeled sweet potato, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the apples, sweet potatoes, apple.
- juice and cinnamon in an 8-inch by 8-inch pan.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the apples and sweet potatoes are soft.
I had some issues with this recipe, unfortunately because I loved the idea of it. I cut the sweet potatoes in 1/2 inch slices. After 20 minutes baking neither apples nor potato slices were anywhere near cooked (couldn't even tell they'd been in the oven at all). I baked for another 30 minutes and this was too much for the apples (some of them exploded - good thing the dish was covered with foil!) but not quite enough for the sweet potatoes. I ended up removing the apples (as best I could) and putting the potatoes back in for 15 _more_ minutes. I used 1 Granny Smith and 1 Jonagold apple - the Jona held up better than the Granny (none of the Jonas exploded). I was glad to try this but without major changes I don't believe I'll try it again. Thanks for the recipe though!