Recipe by Barb G.
This is a very easy & yummy recipe. I was making baked apples for dinner last evening,My DH was helping he suggested using cranberry sauce, instead of our usual way of making them.
Top Review by Rainbow - Chef 536866
I'm looking for a simple baked apple recipe without sugar and this cranberry one looks good. I can make my own cranberry juice and sauce from fresh cranberries. I'm going to actually try it in my small slowcooker, as I've baked potatoes in it with great success. I'll update my review soon, when I actually try this. Probably tomorrow cuz it'll be Sunday and I have time to experiment.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- (Can be baked in Microwave).
- Core apples and peel back the top to prevent spliting.
- Place apples in baking dish.
- Put cranberry sauce inside and on top apples.
- Add juice (I used cranberry juice).
- Bake 45 minutes or untill apples are tender.