Recipe by Kim Kru
Cool autumn weekend treat! I had a lazy Sunday afternoon and wanted to make a healthy treat to eat while watching football. Since I didn't have the more traditional cranberry accompaniment I used blueberries and was pleasantly surprised! My measurements are approximate because I just "eyeballed" my recipe.
- 8 whole apples, cored (orchard picked or store bought)
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Core apples with end of peeler.
- Generously sprinkle cinnamon in each apple, reserving some for topping.
- Place a few blueberries in each apple.
- Sprinkle dark brown sugar on top of blueberries.
- Layer with 1/2 pat of butter.
- Mound more blueberries on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Place stuffed apples on glass baking dish and put a couple spoonfuls of water on bottom of dish.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until fork soft.
- Serve whole or cut half way down into a fanning presentation.
- Substitute margarine for low-fat option.