Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received a gift box of apples plus the ingredients and recipe to make these yummy baked apples. They were wonderful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 9 -10 medium rome apples (Rome recommended because they are right texture to hold their shape when baked)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (I used regular, but dark would be fine also)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter (cut into little pats to top each apple)
- vanilla ice cream
- Cut small slice off top and bottom of apple so it will stand up. Core the apple.
- Combine cloves, cinnamon, raisins, chopped nuts, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Stuff mixture into each apple and mound slightly at top.
- Top each apple with small pat of butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.