Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An incredibly easy, inexpensive dessert to make, with the payoff of something much more elaborate. Fairly low-cal and with ingredients that are easy to keep on hand, this is a great dessert to pull together in a pinch. Good on its own, even better piping hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 6 medium crisp apples
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup other dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/2-inch slices.
- Toss apples in a bowl with raisins, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour into 9x9 inch glass pan and pour about 1/4 inch of water into the pan. Top with pats of butter.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until apples are tender.
A healthy and quick dessert, this was enjoyed by all! The mixture of the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg was perfect. I used gala apples which worked great. My kids had this with a bit of whipped cream on top. I made this for Pick A Chef 2011 for my adopted chef Food Therapist. Thanks! :)