Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Its basically the apples right out of an apple pie.
- 4 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced (each apple should result in about 8-10 slices. And I prefer 'Fuji' apples, the are delicious)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juice of (squeezed)
- 1 lime, juice of (squeezed)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Put the apple slices in a large ziploc bag.
- Whisk the honey, butter, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bag, seal it, and shake vigorously until well mixed.
- Then add the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Repeat shaking the bag vigorously, make sure to shake it for a good 30 seconds or more to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour the contents of the bag into a glass baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes uncovered, stirring twice during the process.