Recipe by KosherCook
This dessert is like homemade apple pie with 90% less effort. Served al amode with a side of vanilla ice cream, this dessert is both rich and easy. I found this recipe and am posting it for the world to see courtesy of: http://frumteacher.blogspot.com
Top Review by Shannon Allen
Wow this was so simple to make and so worth every minute. The hardest part was coring the apples. I did have to cook it a tad longer, but it's easy to see when they are done. The apples were cooked perfectly, the crust was so good and it went great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We drizzled some carmel on top of it all as well. I'll definitely be making these again!
- 4 large granny smith apples
- 4 sheet puff pastry (they usually come two to a box)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw your puff pastry.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 *F.
- Core and peel apples **DO NOT CUT**.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Place each apple on individual puff pastry sheet.
- Fill center of apple with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Cover apple on all sides with pastry.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- In a separate bowl mix wisk egg and brush egg onto pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.