Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dessert is like homemade apple pie with 90% less effort. Served al amode with a side of vanilla ice cream, this dessert is both rich and easy. I found this recipe and am posting it for the world to see courtesy of: http://frumteacher.blogspot.com
- Thaw your puff pastry.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 *F.
- Core and peel apples **DO NOT CUT**.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Place each apple on individual puff pastry sheet.
- Fill center of apple with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Cover apple on all sides with pastry.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- In a separate bowl mix wisk egg and brush egg onto pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
Wow this was so simple to make and so worth every minute. The hardest part was coring the apples. I did have to cook it a tad longer, but it's easy to see when they are done. The apples were cooked perfectly, the crust was so good and it went great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We drizzled some carmel on top of it all as well. I'll definitely be making these again!
This was so delicious! It made it's own fantastic caramel syrup that we drizzled over top. Thanks for a fantastic recipe!