- 4 baking apples (I use BOSKOP, a German Variety)
- 80 g marzipan
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 20 g walnuts, chopped
- 20 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 dash cinnamon
- melted butter, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix all ingredients except apples in a small bowl to make a smooth filling.
- Wash apples and cut off the top, which will build the cover later.
- Core the apples.
- Divide the filling into four parts and fill the apples.
- Put the cover on top of apples and wrap the apples into aluminum foil.
- Place in baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until soft (but still firm enough). After 20 minutes test the first time, if apples are soft.
- Take apples out of oven and remove aluminum foil.
- Heat oven for broiling.
- Brush apples with melted butter and put them back into baking dish.
- Put them in the oven under the broiler and broil until skin is colored. This may take 5 minutes. Watch carefully and you may want to brush them again with butter.
- Take out of the oven and serve immediately.