Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Healthy recipe from Jillian Michaels.
- 1 large apple
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 small pear
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F Slice apple in half. Use a spoon or small ice cream scoop to scoop out some apple flesh from each half, leaving some room for filling. (You can just eat the apple flesh; no need to reserve.) Dab cream cheese in the cavity of each half.
- Dice pear. Toss pear with brown sugar and cinnamon; fill each apple half with diced pear, reserving extra for another use. Sprinkle pear filling with almonds, pressing down to make them adhere. Place apple halves in a baking dish and add water or apple juice. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then baste with juices and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until almonds are roasted.