1/1 Photo of Baked Apple with Maple Yogurt Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1A large, firm, tart apple is best.
- 2Use Ida Red or Northern Spy.
- 3A Cortland can be used.
- 4However, if you use a McIntosh, you must shorten the cooking time.
- 5Core apples and remove top inch of peel.
- 6Make a shallow out through skin around centre of each apple to prevent skin from bursting.
- 7Place apples upright in baking dish or pie plate.
- 8In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 9Spoon into centres of each apple.
- 10Add water to cover bottom of dish.
- 11Bake, uncovered in 375 F for 25 to 30 minutes for less firm apples and up to 50 minutes for firm varieties or until apples are tender when pierced with a toothpick.
- 12Combine the yogurt and maple syrup to make the sauce.
- 13Pour over the baked apples.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apple with Maple Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 21.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g