Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds really yummy. Baking time depends of the type of apples you use.
- 3 large baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Place apples in greased 1 quart baking dish.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and apple cider.
- Pour over apples.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with raisins.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm over ice cream if desired.
Forget Fall, this is a great anytime dish! We bought a peck of apples from the local farm and this was a great ending to our winter meal! I didn't have cider but used some apple juice that I had on hand. Yummy!!
Delicious! Perfect fall dish. Made with splenda instead of sugar, topped with sugar-free whipped cream. THANK YOU!
This was really good as a topper. Only thing that i added was a little more cider and more golden raisins...and pumpkin pie type spices on top...it was amazing with sweet potato pie :)