Recipe by *Z*
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds really yummy. Baking time depends of the type of apples you use.
Top Review by campergirls3
Forget Fall, this is a great anytime dish! We bought a peck of apples from the local farm and this was a great ending to our winter meal! I didn't have cider but used some apple juice that I had on hand. Yummy!!
- 3 large baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples in greased 1 quart baking dish.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and apple cider.
- Pour over apples.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with raisins.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm over ice cream if desired.