Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 baking apples (Rome, Winesap, Stayman etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 -4 tablespoons red-hot candies
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Core and slice apples into 1/2" rings. place in shallow baking dish.
- In saucepan, combine and heat remaining ingredients until simmering.
- Pour over apples and bake 15 minutes or until tender, turning to baste once or twice.
- If desired, place with red-hot candies put in the center of each ring.