Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This isn't too heavy. Leave the skins on the apples for a firmer and more nutritious dessert.
- 4 baking apples, cored (If you can't get baking apples use a tart firm dessert apple such as Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Slice apples into 1/2 inch rings and place in a shallow greased baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine and heat remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour over apples and bake for 15 minutes or until tender, turning to baste once or twice.
- The apples should turn a lovely golden brown.
- Option: Fill the centre with raisins or sultanas and pistachios and serve with piping hot custard.