Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe originally hails from a 1977 cookbook called "Amish Cooking".
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix the first four ingredients together.
- Lightly grease an 8"x8" baking dish.
- Spread 1/4 of apples in the bottom of the dish, sprinkle with 1/3 of the rice, 1/4 of the nuts and drizzle with 1/4 of the honey mixture.
- Repeat the layers two (2) more times.
- Top the dish with the remaining apples, sprinkle the remaining nuts and drizzle with the remaining honey mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45-minutes or until the apples are soft.
- May be served hot or cold.