Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
Purchased biscuit dough makes these dessert dumplings a snap to make. Originally from a Bon Appetit January 2008 magazine featuring "Fast Easy Fresh" recipes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using melon baller, core apples,leaving bottoms intact.
- Place in glass pie pan, spacing apart.
- Microwave uncovered at 50 percent power until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar to small saucepan, add raisins and 3 tablespoons heavy cream and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Combine 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar and remaining heavy cream to medium bowl and whisk to peaks; cover and refrigerate.
- Roll out each biscuit on floured surface to thin 8-inch round; brush lightly with egg.
- Place apple in center of each round; fill apples with raisin mixture, overfilling slightly.
- Pull 4 sides of dough up to top of apple ( from 3,6,9,12 positions) and twist in center, making apple stem shape.
- Using fingertips, press seams tightly to seal.
- Transfer dumplings to foil-lined baking sheet;brush dumplings with egg, sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake dumplings until golden, about 18 minutes.
- Serve warm with cinnamon whipped cream.