Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This pudding, especially good on a crisp fall evening, is simple comfort food. I highly recommend vanilla ice cream on top! This recipe comes from a local newspaper.
- 11 medium apples (I prefer McIntosh or Granny Smith)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Peel, core, and slice apples. Spread over the bottom of a lightly greased 9x12 baking pan. Sprinkle cinnamon over the apples. Set aside.
- To make syrup, mix brown sugar with hot water and lemon juice. Pour half of the syrup over the apples. Reserve other half.
- To make topping, mix flour and brown sugar together, cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples.
- Pour other half of syrup over the topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes. Serve warm.