1/2 Photos of Baked Apple Pudding
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Another delicious recipe by Lucy Waverman, Food and Drink! Steamed puddings have fallen out of fashion but try this oven-baked pudding - a light, apple-based dessert that will be enjoyed by young and old as a grand finale to Christmas dinner, or any dinner for that matter. With it, you can serve a caramel sauce and a crème anglaise or just plain old-fashioned ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a stainless steel or ovenproof china bowl about 6 cups (1.5 L) in size.
- 2Combine sugar and water in heavy pot on medium heat. Heat until sugar has melted, bring to a boil and boil for 5 to 7 minutes or until caramel turns a golden colour. Pour into prepared bowl, swirling to coat. Reserve.
- 3Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in cranberries, pecans, apples, orange zest and juice and apple cider.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine flour, breadcrumbs, salt and cinnamon. Stir half of flour mixture into apple mixture until well blended then blend in remaining mixture.
- 5Turn into the prepared bowl and cover with foil. Place in roasting pan. Pour hot water reaching halfway up sides of the bowl. Bake in centre of oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool slightly and turn out onto a serving plate. Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apple Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.2
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 403.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 8.8 g