Baked Apple Pancakes With Caramel Sauce
- Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients. (Mixture will be lumpy.) Add buttermilk and vanilla, whisking until batter is blended.
- Coat 8 (7- x 4- x 1 1/2-inch) oval baking dishes with cooking spray. Place 1 tablespoon butter in each dish.
- Bake at 425° for 3 to 4 minutes or until butter melts. Place apple slices evenly into dishes; bake 5 more minutes. Spoon about 1/2 cup batter into each dish. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Bake 20 more minutes.
- Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar, and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream; drizzle with Caramel Sauce, and sprinkle with chopped, toasted pecans.
- Caramel Sauce:.
- Combine brown sugar and whipping cream in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until bubbly. (Mixture may look curdled.) Cook, stirring constantly, 2 more minutes. Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla, stirring until blended. Cool 3 to 5 minutes.