Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
For this recipe you will need 8 (7x4-inch) oval baking dishes. Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar, then top with vanilla ice cream, then drizzle with caramel sauce YUMMMMMMM!!! My Really Easy and Good Caramel Sauce #78088 is great with this! The oven must be very hot for baking the pancake batter.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (can use a little less sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 large granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 8 (7 x 4-inch) oval baking dishes with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs with flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, salt and cinnamon (batter will be lumpy).
- Add in buttermilk and vanilla; whisk intill blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter into each baking dish; bake for 3-4 minutes or until butter melts.
- Divide and place the apple slices evenly in the bottom of each baking dish.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup batter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and then chopped nuts.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.