Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Easy enough to make for an everyday breakfast but fancy enough to wow brunch guests. The recipe comes from The Crow's Nest.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the sugar and cinnamon, and then add the apples and saute until soft.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Beat in the milk and sour cream.
- Add the flour and beat well.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the batter over the hot apples in the skillet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until browned and puffy.
- Dust with the confectioner's sugar and serve at once.