Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Everyday Health.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 large tart apple, tart, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with nonstick pan spray.
- Combine all the pancake ingredients in blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared skillet; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and browned.
- Meanwhile, spray a small skillet with nonstick pan spray. Add the apples slices, brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Sauté over low heat until the apples are softened and slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon over the pancake. Cut the pancake into 6 servings and serve immediately.