1/3 Photos of Baked " Apple Oatmeal Raisin Cookie" Oatmeal
For years I never ate oatmeal due to the "mushy" texture. After seeing a baked oatmeal prepared on FoodNetwork, it inspired me to come up with a few baked oatmeal recipes inspired by some popular baked goods. This oatmeal has a much more firm texture. Check out my recipes for Baked " Cranberry Nut Bread" Oatmeal and Baked " Banana Bread" Oatmeal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quick oats or 1 1/8 cups old fahioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or less to taste)
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup diced peeled apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar (to create brulee topping) (optional) or 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- 3In small bowl, whisk together milk, egg and vanilla. Add the milk mixture to the oat mixture and stir until combined.
- 4Stir in the apples, raisins and chopped nuts.
- 5Pour into 4-6 small souffle or brulee dishes or one larger baking dish (such as an 8x8-inch dish). (You may want to lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray.).
- 6Bake 20-30 minutes (small baking dishes) or 30-40 minutes (large baking dish), or until slightly firm to touch. (Baking time will vary depending on the diameter of your baking dishes.).
- 7Sprinkle with sugar (optional: use torch to create a brulee topping). Garnish with toasted pecans.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked " Apple Oatmeal Raisin Cookie" Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 72.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g