Recipe by Sue Lau
From BC whole grains cookbook.
Top Review by Redsie
This is delicious baked oatmeal!! Loved the added apples!! I made a few changes. Used dried cranberries instead of raisins and used maple syrup instead of splenda. Also used skim milk and no walnuts. Baked for about 40 minutes - and voila - DELICIOUS!! Thanks Sue! ;)
- 2 2⁄3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Hood Calorie Countdown fat free dairy beverage or 4 cups skim milk
- 2 cups chopped fresh apples or 2 cups fresh pears
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- additional milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir all ingredients (except toasted walnuts) together in a 2 quart casserole and bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until thick and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve with additional milk, if desired.