1/2 Photos of Baked Apple Fritters
4 hrs 15 mins
After losing 50 lbs. my husband requested lowfat apple fritters. An internet search provided a recipe from www.shashek.com now modified to use a food processor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (100-110 degrees)
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk or 3/4 cup skim milk (scalded/heated to 100-115 degrees)
- 1/4 cup margarine (sliced)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups unbleached flour (about)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 cups peeled chopped apples
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Sprinkle yeast over warm water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, combine hot milk, margarine, sugar and salt in the bowl of food processor.
- 3(or mixing bowl) Let stand until margarine melts.
- 4Beat in 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- 5Add yeast mixture, cinnamon and egg.
- 6Process or beat until combined.
- 7Add other 2 cups flour and process or mix and knead on board.
- 8Add additional flour if needed.
- 9Place dough in greased bowl.
- 10Turn to grease top.
- 11Cover and let rise about 1 1/2 hours or let rise in the refrigerator over night (bringing dough to room temperature before continuing).
- 12Punch dough down.
- 13Mix in apples.
- 14Divide dough into thirds.
- 15Cut dough with shears or chop with sharp knife.
- 16Shape cut dough into six mounds on a greased baking sheet.
- 17Repeat with other two sections of dough.
- 18Cover and let rise at room temperature until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 19Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- 20Meanwhile, place powdered sugar in food processor.
- 21Process until fluffy, not lumpy.
- 22Slowly add lemon juice and keep processing until smooth and satiny.
- 23While fritters are still warm spoon on glaze.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apple Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (1379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 88.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g