Recipe by Marsha D.
My friend sent me this recipe. I haven't gotten to try it yet but it sure sounds delicious. It has a special ingredient in it that I bet gives it a lemon citrus taste. I can't wait to try it.
Top Review by Kathy(soon to be Pumneo)
Wow...this recipe was outstanding! My husband absolutely devoured it! I can't believe how easy this was to make and the Mountain Dew was such a surprise! Who knew?!? Can't wait for the next holiday to make this for the next holiday gathering!!! believe 8easy
- 6 -8 granny smith apples
- 16 ounces Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (big and flakey)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces Mountain Dew soda (soft drink)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel apples, cut apples in half and core. separate crescent rolls into triangles. place one half of apple on wide end of triangle and roll apple up in roll.
- Roll toward the point end.
- Tuck dough in around apple.
- Place apple in baking dish (9x13-inch).
- Repeat with all apples and rolls.
- Put sugar, butter, cinnamon and Mt. Dew in pot and place over medium heat until butter and sugar is melted (don't boil).
- Pour over apple dumplings.
- Place in 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Baste dumplings every 15 minutes with liquid in dish.
- Note: (Buy the apples that are in bag, if you buy the apples that are loose they will be larger and you might want to use only a quarter of the apple in each roll).
- Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream over a hot dumpling and enjoy. Yum, yum, yum.