Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 118.29 ml grated raw apple
- 354.88 ml flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 59.14 ml milk
- 78.07 ml shortening
- 8.62 ml baking powder
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- melted butter
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is fine.
- Mix together egg, milk, and apple and add all at once to dry ingredients. Mix quickly.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and roll in melted butter and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Delicious!
I make this recipe, or at least very similar, mine calls for 1/3 cup white sugar, 1/3 cup shortening, and 3/4 cup apple. This has been a family favorite and a regular go to in winter! I am not reposting with the change in quantities as the recipes are so close. This is a nice cake donut, and I make mine in a mini muffin tin. We all enjoy them alot!
Good recipe. Definitely more of a muffin-type texture than doughnut, but we really enjoyed them. I substituted margarine for shortening. I think it workd well. I would have liked more of an apple flavor to these. I think I will add more apple next time. Kids and DH enjoyed them. I will make these again.
What a great breakfast this made! I had 3 if that says anything!