Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Top Review by less2saw
I make this recipe, or at least very similar, mine calls for 1/3 cup white sugar, 1/3 cup shortening, and 3/4 cup apple. This has been a family favorite and a regular go to in winter! I am not reposting with the change in quantities as the recipes are so close. This is a nice cake donut, and I make mine in a mini muffin tin. We all enjoy them alot!
- 1⁄2 cup grated raw apple
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is fine.
- Mix together egg, milk, and apple and add all at once to dry ingredients. Mix quickly.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and roll in melted butter and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Delicious!