Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the website SuperFoodsRX. This delicious, healthy dessert not only tastes incredible - the entire ingredients list are all "superfoods"! This recipe is rich in so many nutrients that it would be too long to name them all here ;) but they include fiber, ascorbic acid, vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, calcium, folate, polyphenols, salicylates and oligosaccharides (detoxifying and cholesterol-lowering). The original recipe says that this dish can be served warm or cold, but it's SOO much better warm IMO. Great for those cold winter nights. Serve with a nice mug of warmed vanilla soy milk topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 4 medium apples, washed and cored
- 4 teaspoons honey (local variety if available. good for you!)
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and core the apples.
- Place apples in an oven-safe dish.
- Drizzle the honey, sprinkle walnuts and dust the cinnamon over the apples.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Delicious! I cut the apples in half, then I added whipped cream on top after they were baked. I love this as a dessert. The honey ran off a little bit, so I had to scoop it back over the apples. I might use half the honey before I bake next time, and half after, to keep more honey on the apples.
Great recipe as quick and easy to make with ingredients we have in the cupboard. Kids really liked the way the honey went like toffee! Will make again.
The apples were not done after almost 1.5 hours. I had to add water to the dish I was afraid it would break as the apples were getting burned. The taste was good I don't think I will make this again. Thank you anyway