Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you've got apples or pears that are slightly bruised they can be made into this delicious dessert in no time.
- 12 ounces apples, peeled, bruises cut away, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 ounces porridge oats
- 6 ounces soft brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Greek yogurt or creme fraiche
- 2 ounces flour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F .
- Put the apples in a bowl with 4oz soft brown sugar, lemon juice and water toss together.
- Then place in greased ovenproof baking dish.
- Mix together the melted butter with the remaining sugar, and then stir in the flour and oats until evenly mixed.
- Pour over apples. Bake for 35 mins or until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve warm with a spoonful of crème friache or Greek yogurt.
This is a terrific dessert or even breakfast and is very easy . I made mine with a combo of apples and pears.
This was a nice treat! I added cinnamon.