Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a twist on regular oatmeal for breakfast. It's quick because you "bake" the apples in the microwave and use instanat oatmeal. Note: most of y measurements are guestimates because this was the first time I made this recipe so feel free to add or subtract ingredients. This makes 2 servings but you can easy double it.
- 1 apple (I used gala)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries or 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 2 packets instant cinnamon oatmeal
- Core and peel apple.
- Place in a microwaveable safe bowl and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon in apple.
- Stuff it with cranberries and oats and top it with butter. (I added just a little water to the bowl to help with the cooking).
- Cover with saran wrap and microwave for about 3 1/2 minutes. Let it rest for about 2 minutes (it will be really hot).
- Chop the apple and add it to the dry instant oatmeal. Follow the packet directions and add the juice from the cooked apple to the bowl. Microwave about 1 1/2 minutes.
Great brekky - I prepared it all yesterday and so it was ready just to be heated up today - also would be fine at room temperature . I used sultanas in mine with great result.